Solar PV works by converting light energy from the sun into electricity that can be used locally or exported to the national grid. This produces significant reductions in carbon emissions and provides the installation owner with a tax free income from the government FIT (feed-in-tariff scheme).
The installation cost of a solar pv system has reduced by 75% since its wide spread introduction to the UK 7 years ago.
- We can install panels either over tiles or slates (conventional solution) or in-roof, ie replacing the tiles or slates to give a clean finish.
- We were pioneers in systems for schools that measure both the power being produced and being consumed. These systems have enabled staff and pupils to take a real interest in energy consumption and initiated many conversations and projects about renewable energy sources.
- We are proud to have been selected as one of the installers for Nadder Community Energy’s PV portfolio.
- With the lower Feed-in Tariff, the financial benefits stack up best where most of the power generated is used on site.
- Battery storage is developing and might be of interest to households or businesses who are keen to use the most cutting edge solar technology.
- Costs and benefits can usually be estimated from an examination of your property on Google maps; please ask us for details.
- We are also able to offer consultancy and maintenance on existing systems. If you would like any advice on the latest technology or are having trouble with your inverter please let us know as we are now able to offer new inverters with up to 20 years warranty.